The first part to wear in these superchargers is this plastic coupler that connects the drive shaft with the drive gears. This lasts longer than the factory coupler and absorbs more shock between the cylinder-firing events and the supercharger momentum.
If you order this along with a supercharger kit, we will install this for you from the start. Otherwise, replacing it yourself is very simple:
- Drain the oil using a drain plug (if you have one) or siphoning the oil out (a syringe works well).
- Put rags under the nose to absorb any remaining oil.
- Remove bolts around the nose.
- Tap the nose with a rubber mallet to unseat it (it is held on by RTV).
- Pull the old coupler off (note how it is installed so you know how to install the new coupler).
- If you like, clean as much of the nose interior and gear cavity as you can.
- Be sure the mating surfaces are clean.
- Apply RTV and bolt the nose back on.
- After RTV is set, fill with proper amount of supercharger oil.
This will also work for Boosted Technologies Top-Mount 4.0 L, Side-Mount 4.0 L, and 2.5 L kits.